Land will be required to construct the EACOP and related facilities. This land will be acquired on either a temporary or permanent basis.
Temporary Access to Land
- Within an approximatively 30m wide right of way for construction.
- For temporary above ground facilities (like construction camps).
- Land required for temporary basis will be leased for approximately 1- 4 years and returned to owners in a fully reinstated condition.
Permanent Access to Land
- Land required on a permanent basis for above ground installations (Pumping Stations, Pressure Reduction Stations and the Marine Storage Terminal) and for the permanent Right of Way will be acquired.
- After construction, EACOP will need land easements along the pipeline corridor with some restrictions in safety zones.
The EACOP project is committed to:
- Compliance with applicable national legislation and international requirements.
- Ensuring that all landowners and users living along the pipeline corridor will be treated with respect and compensated fairly.
- Vulnerable people identified and assisted as necessary.
- Secure agreements with each affected household, deliver compensation and livelihood restoration programs and help households move out of the area (for those who choose in-kind compensation for resettlement, help them move into their new land).