As a major energy operator, EACOP shareholders must contribute to the development of our host countries. Going above and beyond our contractual obligations, we ensure that our operations create value and opportunities by supporting employment, training and the local industrial fabric.
We consider local content as key for the success of our operations. We are committed to promote the economic development and local industrialization in both Tanzania and Uganda.
Our vision is to develop a holistic approach to optimize Local Content from the construction phase of the project through to operations.
This approach aims at capitalizing on the Construction phase to build the capacity of the local companies and Tanzanian/Ugandan citizens who will work on the upcoming operations needs and will drive the growth of the Tanzanian and Ugandan oil & gas industry and general economy farther down the road.
The EACOP Project Local Content delivery is focusing on three main pillars:
- Employment & training of Tanzanian/Ugandan citizens
- Procurement of local goods & services
- Proposals for technology transfer & capacity building
This development will be supported by many initiatives:
- Encourage and support the formation of joint ventures between international and local companies to facilitate transfers of competencies and most important of all, technologies;
- Reinforcing the use of local Ugandan and Tanzanian workforce and contractors through training programs and support to local companies;
- Incorporating national content programs in all project contracts to encourage and develop local procurement of goods and services;
- Support supplier development by reducing the complexity of contracts as a way of making them accessible to the local contractors;
- Support local supplier development with programs aimed at building capacity at national and community level;
- Promote internships and attachment of Tanzanian/ Ugandan citizens in petroleum activities;
- support to the Industry Enhancement Centre including Health, Safety, Environment and Quality standards;
- support of existing institutions in Uganda by providing knowledge, technology, mentorships and scholarships;
- Ensuring EACOP sustainability and post project succession to Tanzanian/Ugandan citizens applying training schemes.
Driven by this ambition, we are strengthening the local socio-economic base, furthering the development of industrial capacity and facilitating skills transfer in Tanzania and Uganda.